Sunday morning was a most beautiful day in Jozi. It was a windless day with clear blue skies and a few irresponsible mountain biker buddies that know where to find all the juicy technical bits. And know how to ride them.
'twas a ride to celebrate freedom - Freedom of the Spruit, Freedom to ride Mellville-koppies, Freedom to be outside in winter, to ride proper offroad right in the middle of Jozi. Freedom to start the ride only at 8:30 - and not the ridiculous early hours that the freedom challengers seem to think is appropiate to start a ride :)
And Freedom to play rather than train, because it was only a week to go to r2r, and finally - finally - it was too late; training would not make any difference any more.
A late long lazy brunch afterwards.
THIS is why I mountain bike.
On the academic side:
- found a map board, hoping to fit it tonight
- finally we have some bad weather here - may test some of the winter-gear tomorrow morning on my commute to work
- finally downloaded the maps and instructions
- capestorm stuff is on it's way
- camera is still at customs - hope it gets released on time
- bike needs a wash after sunday's ride only a pleasure to wash the bike after a ride like sunday's :D
- top up the stan's in the tubes
Results of the accidental front-brake-experiment:
Accidently used the hardtail's front wheel on the Trance yesterday.
Juicy five brakes are compatible with hayes disks :)